[Oe List ...] Edith (Ellery) Adele McKinley Elizondo

George Packard george.packard1 at rcn.com
Thu Sep 20 08:23:52 PDT 2012

Jon,
Elise and I celebrate your mother's completed life. We are grateful for the
care Debra has provided in these last years and know Tony and you all will
miss her deeply. Ellery was such a great presence at the Kemper Keystone
community and encouraged with the rest of us the purchase of the ping pong
table that Tony of course managed and brought out for all the visiting
church groups. You could count on Ellery being present in the cafeteria
having deep discussions with other residents or guests especially any guests
from the Philippines from which she escaped as a missionary child by
submarine in WWII. She and Tony were the resilient presence as well that
kept the Davao house in operation on the southern island of Mindinao. Ellery
and Tony also replaced us in Sol de Septiembre where I know her presence was
a great gift to many of the women in the village, the bakery, and of course
the staff. With fond memories we celebrate her life.
George and Elise Packard