[Oe List ...] The next part of the Romney video

Herman Greene hfgreene at mindspring.com
Tue Sep 18 07:23:54 PDT 2012

<http://politicalwire.com/archives/2012/09/18/romney_says_peace_not_possible
_in_the_middle_east.html> Romney Says Peace Not Possible in the Middle East

<http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/09/romney-secret-video-israeli-pal
estinian-middle-east-peace> Mother Jones drops another segment of the
<http://politicalwire.com/archives/2012/09/18/romney_says_peace_not_possible
_in_the_middle_east.html> hidden camera video shot at a Mitt Romney
fundraiser in May which shows the GOP presidential candidate saying he
believes peace in the Middle East is not possible and a Palestinian state is
not feasible.

Said Romney: "I'm torn by two perspectives in this regard. One is the one
which I've had for some time, which is that the Palestinians have no
interest whatsoever in establishing peace, and that the pathway to peace is
almost unthinkable to accomplish... All right, we have a potentially
volatile situation but we sort of live with it, and we kick the ball down
the field and hope that ultimately, somehow, something will happen and
resolve it..."

"On the other hand, I got a call from a former secretary of state. I won't
mention which one it was, but this individual said to me, you know, I think
there's a prospect for a settlement between the Palestinians and the
Israelis after the Palestinian elections. I said, 'Really?' And, you know,
his answer was, 'Yes, I think there's some prospect.' And I didn't delve
into it."

He added: "The idea of pushing on the Israelis to give something up to get
the Palestinians to act is the worst idea in the world."

Herman Greene

2516 Winningham Drive

Chapel Hill, NC 27516

919-929-4116 (h)