[Oe List ...] A good reflection on Romney

Herman Greene hfgreene at mindspring.com
Tue Sep 18 07:21:24 PDT 2012

 <http://politicalwire.com/archives/2012/09/18/the_real_romney.html> The
Real Romney

<http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2012/09/real-romney-is-a-sneering-plutocrat.ht
ml> Jonathan Chait says the
<http://politicalwire.com/archives/2012/09/17/romney_explains_obama_voters.h
tml> hidden camera video that went viral yesterday exposes Mitt Romney "as a
far more sinister character than I had imagined. Here is the sneering
plutocrat, fully in thrall to a series of pernicious myths that are at the
heart of the mania that has seized his party. He believes that market
incomes in the United States are a perfect reflection of merit. Far from
seeing his own privileged upbringing as the private-school educated son of
an auto executive-turned-governor as an obvious refutation of that belief,
Romney cites his own life, preposterously, as a confirmation of it..."

"The revelations in this video come to me as a genuine shock. I have never
hated Romney. I presumed his ideological makeover since he set out to run
for president was largely phony, even if he was now committed to carry
through with it, and to whatever extent he'd come to believe his own lines,
he was oblivious or naïve about the damage he would inflict upon the poor,
sick, and vulnerable. It seems unavoidable now to conclude that Romney's
embrace of Paul Ryanism is born of actual contempt for the looters and
moochers, a class war on behalf of his own class."

Herman Greene

2516 Winningham Drive

Chapel Hill, NC 27516

919-929-4116 (h)