[Oe List ...] India 50th

Lawrence Philbrook larry at icatw.com
Mon Oct 1 17:36:53 PDT 2012

Dear Colleagues of India

I am glad you have chosen to celebrate this anniversary, ICA India has
been a sign to the world.    India and our Indian colleagues have been a
sustaining presence and reminder of service since the beginning of our
work.   For most of the ICA global community their service to the world
was transformed and highlighted by even a month that they spent in India.

As I think of the past 50 years, I am saddened as I think of those many
that have passed away, always before their time. I pause a moment in
silence to remember their laughter, tears and songs.

On the personal side India has been significant to my family and
continues to be close to our hearts. My father, sister and even our next
generation have connected and been sustained by the love and care of you
our colleagues and of India.

The 3 years I spent in Maharashtra changed my life.  I want to thank
many of you for giving me the life I have had.  If not for the
generosity and spirit of my colleagues in India I would not have
discovered my vocation or my passion.  My wife Evelyn still says I grew
up in India, and I can not agree more.  The creativity and energy, the
love of life and energy to persevere and create in the midst of each day
that comes.  Learning to live each new day as one of possibility.

On behalf of your colleagues in the ICA community around the world we
thank you for your gift to us and hope in our small way we have through
our lives given service back to you and to India.

With love and respect, Larry

Lawrence Philbrook, Certified ToP Facilitator
Director, Institute of Cultural Affairs Taiwan
www.icatw.com Tel: 8862-2871-3150 Fax: 8862-2871-2870
Skype: icalarry

President ICA International/ Member Global Leadership Team
ICAI Office c/o ICA Canada, 655 Queen Street East
Toronto, ON.  M4M 1G4 Canada
www.ica-international.org