[Oe List ...] The old Order passing away

LAURELCG at aol.com LAURELCG at aol.com
Mon Oct 1 12:35:02 PDT 2012

Thank you, Marshall. I love your approach through poetry.

Love is All There Is,
Jann McGuire

In a message dated 10/1/2012 8:12:14 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
synergi at yahoo.com writes:

In  case you missed the famous Tennyson quote from Morte d'Arthur, here it
is:

 And slowly answer'd Arthur from the barge:
  "The old order changeth, yielding place to new
  And God fulfils Himself in many ways,
  Lest one good custom should corrupt the world."

The  O:E was what it was for just a brief moment in history.
One  could say that the Mystery took it out of being when its brief moment
yielded  to something new.

The  spirit warriors who survive to this day remember that historical
moment with  awe and reverence as a turning point in human consciousness, and (at
whatever  personal cost) are among the privileged company that was called
to  participate.

Quoting  Shakespeare's King Henry V before the Battle of Agincourt (1415),

We few, we happy few, we band  of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds  his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition;
And gentlemen in England now-a-bed
Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not  here,
And hold their manhoods  cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's  day.

Marshall

I was  privileged to have a great English teacher in high school, BTW.
She's long  gone, but her influence was profound and her memory is cherished by
her  students to this day.

OE  mailing  list
OE at lists.wedgeblade.net