[Oe List ...] Dan Tuecke surgery

Lynda Cock llc860 at triad.rr.com
Sat Oct 13 18:59:37 PDT 2012

  _____

From: Patricia Tuecke [mailto:ptuecke at gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, October 13, 2012 9:43 PM
To: 'Lynda Cock'
Subject: Update

Dear Lynda,

It's been awhile since we connected. You've been on my mind a lot lately.

I haven't been on the dialogue for several months.  I would be pleased if
you could send the message below to the dialogue for me.

Dan is in the hospital, facing surgery on his spinal cord tonight about 9PM,
and I would like to know our community is aware of that and keep him in
their prayers.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Dear Ones,

Some of you know that over the past 18 months Dan has been treated for
conditions arising out of a diagnosis of transverse myelitis.

Scarring on his spinal column at some unknown time affects his right leg. He
has no control of his thigh muscle and his foot drops. He wears a brace
sometimes and walks with 2 canes to help him stay balanced. From lack of
normal walking and exercise he developed blood clots, a deep vein thrombosis
and pulmonary embolism. Just since Jan. of this year we have been to ER 8
times and admitted to hospital at least 6 times.  One of those visits lasted
36 days between hospital and rehab.

Last Wednesday  we arrived back in Reno after a great visit with Lee & Leah
Early in Seattle & son Eric Tuecke in Portland. His pain was such he
couldn't stand   or walk. So we went straight to the ER.  He was admitted
because of great pain in his back. Tonight he will have surgery on his
spine. He has excellent medical care here at Renown Medical Center, but when
they are messing with your spine it's a bit scary. His surgeon is excellent,
very good reputation and we expect a good outcome.

Your thoughts and prayers will help both of us.

Pat