[Oe List ...] Shankar an Dhondiram's 35th

Nancy Lanphear nancy at songaia.com
Thu Nov 8 08:26:37 PST 2012

Dear Shankar and Dhondiram,

I hear that you are celebrating 35 years of life on this very day! - and
what a journey you have been on!  Remember the birthday questions?  I would
love to hear your responses.

1) how old are you - I already know that one!  35!

2) What has been a significant event (s) for you this past year?

3) What are you looking forward to OR what challenges are coming down the
road?

4) How can I as part of your larger community support you in this coming
year?

I was thinking of you the other day as I continued to sort through some of
our family archives.  I found 2 pages of lists holding the number of pounds
of each crop that grew in the garden that year.  The garden team included
Dhondiram, Shankar, Bob, Fred, and Jane Glancy.

I also often recall the progressive journey we took around the RLC to
everyone's "private" space or bedroom. Each youth told a story of the
objects in their space - who gave it to them, where it was from, how much
it meant to them .... I think Dhondiram's story took a very very long time
with infinite detail.  Can you imagine?  Shankar - remember your first band
concert?  You were playing the cello, right?

I recall the day I heard a knock at the door, opened it to find you tow
guys standing there smiling at me.  What a treat!

Oh, yes!  Another memory.  It was many years ago, I was standing and
working in the guild hall at the Kemper building in Chicago getting ready
for a summer program and I felt an earthquake -like feeling in my body.
There was also lots of loud talking and laughing coming from the lobby.  I
rushed out and with only s bit of surprise - the Weigel twins had arrived!
Your energy and presence has impacted my life in so many ways!  Thank you
for those times of joy!

I know each of you have continued on in your journey with passion and so
many challenges.  You have a growing family and work that feeds your
souls.  May your lives continue to be full and blessed.

With love and hugs,

Nancy