[Oe List ...] Rio +20

Herman Greene hfgreene at mindspring.com
Fri Jun 22 04:37:36 PDT 2012

I am attending the UN Conference on Sustainable Development in Rio. I have
been here since June 10. The formal conference ends tomorrow.

It is to me shocking that the US press is not covering this. There are 89
heads of state here, and although the Outcome Document is not pioneering,
the negotiations and the actions of NGOs here are the story.

The most important document produced in connection with Rio+20 is the one
produced by the Secretary General's High Level Panel on Global
Sustainability. It is available here: http://www.un.org/gsp/report . It has
53 recommendations and they are important, they point the way to the future
and will be closely watched.

Hereman