[Oe List ...] Completed life of Frank Hilliard

LAURELCG at aol.com LAURELCG at aol.com
Sat Jun 9 11:29:58 PDT 2012

Dear Aimee,

When the McGuire family moved to Fifth City in January, 1972, I was
assigned to Emerging Generation. One particular task I remember was taking  your
little daughter to the Cook County Hospital emergency room with  a throat
infection. I don't know which of us was more overwhelmed. I hope I  was kind
and comforting, but am not at all sure of it.

Frank was very kind and comforting on a development call in California  in
1977, not long after we left the Symbolic Order. The colleague with him was
Ray Spencer, I think. Fred was teaching, and I wasn't, so I went to lunch
with the two men.

Frank asked me, in the spirit of research on behalf of the  Movement, to
share why our family left.

I replied that our children, two problematic adolescents and two  younger
sons, needed our attention. My deep denial kept Fred's  alcoholism out of my
conscious mind. I added with quivering  voice that I felt our family had
become more of a drain than an asset to  the Order.

Frank nodded and said, "I've had that feeling at times."

Profound absolution washed over me. A great gift from a gracious soul. I'm
sure many experienced him as a means of grace throughout his life.

The party on the far side banks of Jordan must be livelier by the  day.

Blessings on your continued journey, Aimee, .
Jann McGuire

In a message dated 6/9/2012 9:09:49 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,