[Oe List ...] Celebrating Shel's completed life

jlepps at pc.jaring.my jlepps at pc.jaring.my
Tue Jun 12 13:29:39 PDT 2012

Hello Betty.

Ann and I are saddened by the news of Sheldon's death, and want to
let you know that we join you, your family, and all the colleagues in
celebrating the completion of his life.

We'll always remember our fine times together working on LENS. Shel's
capacity to build a positive relationship with all the participants
was awesome.

Others have spoken of his professional expertise and generosity, and
we certainly agree. But mostly, it's the humor he brought to every
situation, often transforming it from a mundane problem to a
significant opportunity. Shel's humor addressed us and let us see
that there's more to a situation than meets the eye.

So we reckon that all the angels and archangels are having a good
laugh with him now.

We're grateful for the joy of being his colleague and will miss him.

Grace & Peace

John & Ann Epps
.