[Oe List ...] Bob Stewart

Ann Shafer annshafer at hughes.net
Wed Jul 25 13:06:43 PDT 2012

Dear Colleagues,

Bob Stewart is a United Methodist pastor, retired, who was part of the Local
Church experiment in San Francisco in the 60s and 70s, maybe 80s too. I
married his eldest son, David, at the South House in 1972. I am writing
today to inform you that Bob has lymphoma and is on Hospice care. He and his
second wife are in a care facility. I would like to propose that those of
you who knew Bob and who would like to, send him a card recounting some
memories at the institute or at Westside where he and Pat were in the summer
of 68, or in San Francisco. Bob has been such a spirit giant. He has become
involved a little in Native American spirituality. He has written his own
prayers and has had several hours of prayer time in the early morning. Now
he is dealing with his imminent death by telling all his friends that he is
dying. I wish I could be with him but it is not possible at this time.
However, he is with his daughter, Candi Delgardo, and his son, Tim Stewart.
Chris Stewart is not far away and there are many of the next two generations
attending to him as well. Send a card to: Rev. Robert H. Stewart, c/o Candi
and Dave Delgardo,  5438 Havenhurst Circle, Rocklin CA 95677. Thank you for
your care and concern. Journeying on in grace,

Ann Shafer

No mattter how far you've gone down the wrong road, turn back. ~ Turkish
Proverb