[Oe List ...] ICA Archives Sojourn Program

Jack Gilles icabombay at igc.org
Fri Jul 20 17:27:23 PDT 2012

Dear Friends and Colleagues,

Many of you have recently received an invitation to participate in the fall sojourn program for working with the ICA archives.  The dates start September 17th and go for five weeks, through the week of October 15th.  There are a number of ways you can participate besides being on site at the ICA-USA headquarters in Chicago for one or more weeks.

The full information, including what work is going to be done, how your participation can enable the task and all the logistical information is included in the letter I sent out and the links contained in that email.  We hope all who have received my email will respond.

However, we did not have everyone on these two list serves email and some of those we did send bounced because of outdated emails from the sources we used.  If you have not received this information and are interested in this exciting opportunity, we ask you to send a request to:

Steve Harrington <stevehar11201 at gmail.com>

and he will add your name to the mailing list and get you a copy right away.  Steve has done a wonderful job of setting up the mailing list, creating the videos and links as well as the site that compiles people's responses to the questions we ask in the survey link.

Let me close with the invitation for you to participate with those of us who have a passion for making our historical work and wisdom available to the world.  For close to 20 years I have worked with Lyn Edwards, Betty Pesek, David McCleskey, Marge and Phil Philbrook and many others on this tremendous task.  We now feel we are in position to make this on-line access a reality.  But we need your help, your memories and your passion to make it into a new frontier for the ICA.

Grace & Peace,

Jack Gilles
For the Archives Team