[Oe List ...] Report on Carol Fleischman --Cycles of Life legacy Retreat

Judi White sophiacircle at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 02:22:45 PDT 2012

This appears to be a breakthrough in creativity - a form which
addresses our deepest needs profoundly, yet practically. I'd love to
participate in this. I am sure, of course that there is still among us
that old in group remnant of "if Ididn't create it, can't be worth
much" hanging on. I applaud Carol for her committment to addressing
the spirit crisis of today's world as we gently cycle through life's
cycles.  Judi

On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 4:38 PM, George Packard <george.packard1 at rcn.com> wrote:
> Dear Marilyn and Joe,.
>
> It is almost three weeks now since Carol Fleischman delivered “Cycles of
> Life Legacy Retreat” here in Santa Fe. We are sorry that you could not come
> as you had hoped, but here is a brief report. I am sending this to you on
> dialogue believing others Who know Carol may also be interested.
>

> We had a very engaging retreat that provided a formal setting for Carol to
> beta test the construct which  she has done as living room gatherings or for
> church groups before. Carol was pleased with the results. Elise and I were
> very excited for ourselves for the opportunity to take stock and reassess
> our lives. We were even more excited for the other participants (22 friends
> and colleagues with whom we have worked). The 4-hour process-driven format
> was done in one day, 9:30Am – 4:00 PM with lunch. It enabled each of us to
> find and give voice to a deeper and alternative perspective of our lives
> looking through the 7 year cycles rather than the usual decades or open
> timeline of broader phases we have lived.
>

> The format was crisp and tightly timed. Carol has produced a small
> participant journal booklet with a beautiful artistic and contemplative
> picture -- moon over reflecting water on the cover and in half tone on the
> inner pages. There is one page for each 7 year cycle
> (0-7-14-21-28-35-42-49-56-63-70-77-84-98 ---). The structure is to pass 4
> times through the 7 year cycles, personalized ahead of time with each of our
> specific dates in the  booklet, 1) for memories, 2) for doing and being
> experiences, 3 ) for a summary narrative (with a partner), and 4) for a
> declaration of effects and influences on the world (with same partner).  The
> fifth brief exercise is to intuitively declare the incompletes to date and
> the intents for the future. Some did next steps, some did affirmations. Some
> did their “being plan” (vs an “action plan”).
>

> WOW!!! --- All in 4 + hours. I would say “wow” was the response of all or
> most the group – an amazement and appreciation for a process and direction
> which would allow going beyond the usual paradigm of youth and education,
> work and career, and ultimately retirement.
>

> Three things became very apparent. First, the governing of time and the
> focus on the cycles as the point of reference allowed us to cover our whole
> life rather than just the parts to which we tend to go (successes or
> crisis). Second, The work with the partner is essential to get beyond our
> subjective prejudice (prejudice?, subjective?, who me?) It was unbelievable
> how much I had or was ready to dismiss and edit out as transitory that my
> partner responded to with  amazement as we crafted our declarations. Third,
> while we all would have loved a two or three day retreat, the one day and
> the 4 + hours made it possible for many to participate who wouldn’t have
> been able to invest a longer time. If we would have done two days, my guess
> [...]

May your year unfold in blessings and bloom in grand adventure and celebration!
Judi White
http://circlefireflydance.blogspot.com
http://porchtimechats.blogspot.com