[Oe List ...] Salmon: Conversation on Sandy Hook

Del Morril delhmor at wamail.net
Sun Dec 30 12:09:59 PST 2012

For years I had a lovely revolver that I enjoyed target shooting with.
Although expensive to target-shoot as a 38, a friend used to make iron
bullets for me so it was less expensive.  I really enjoyed that activity.  I
used to carry it when I taught on dark campuses and kept it in my bedside
drawer until our grandchildren were born and then I put it away.

HOWEVER!! Much as I loved that gun and shooting at targets (I used to rifle
shoot with my parents in Alaska on barren islands where no one could get
hurt),

last year after a couple of terrible and unnecessary killing of many
"innocents" I got so sick of our violence in America that I took that gun to
the police station and asked them to destroy it.  The cop there couldn't
believe it - he said I should sell it because it is such a superior gun - I
could get a lot for it.  I told him, NO! I do not want this weapon on the
street in anyone else's hands.  He assured me it would be done.  At the
time, I knew it was just a tiny drop in the ocean, but it was an important
symbol to me that I do this. I still miss that gun now and then, but I'm not
sorry I took the action I did.

Del

Del Hunter Morrill

3217 North Mason Avenue

Tacoma WA 98407-5419

H: (253) 752-1506; W: (253) 383-5757

 <mailto:delhmor at wamail.net> delhmor at wamail.net

Web site: www. hypnocenter.com

The cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek. (Joseph Campbell)

  _____