[Oe List ...] Monday OpEd on GUNS

Evelyn Philbrook joyful52 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 20:59:00 PST 2012

Dear Jaime,

Thanks for your reflections!

When we lived in Cebu City and worked in Mindano, Basilan, and elsewhere
in the Philippines, often under the driver's seat escorting us was a
gun. We heard of numerous kidnappings of "rich Americans" and always
were grateful for that gun, and troubled, but not trouble enough not to
do the work until someone got shot. Or at least I stopped because of
that and not seeing my own children while on circuit. I was also afraid
because of the sayings we heard, "Those who live by the gun, die by the
gun."

People kill people. Guns kill people faster.

It is time for gun regulation in America, and else where in the world.

The Philbrooks did not allow anyone to have a toy gun, including video
games shooting people.

Evelyn

On 12/15/12 12:16 PM, Jaime R Vergara wrote