[Oe List ...] A Mini-Library for a 21st Century Spirit Movement

R Williams rcwmbw at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 13 11:08:46 PDT 2012

The Joseph Campbell/Bill Moyers book is The Power of Myth.  Another of Campbell's books that I would include is The Hero with a Thousand Faces.  Also,Global Mind Change by Willis Harman, Leadership and the New Science by Margaret Wheatley, The Fifth Discipline by Peter Senge and Stewardship:Choosing Service Over Self-Interest by Peter Block.  There probably should be something on the list about Servant Leadership.  Robert Greenleaf gets credit for having coined the phrase, but in my opinion others have written on the subject more lucidly than he did.  I would also include Education for Critical Consciousness by Paulo Friere and I and Thou by Martin Buber.  These last two, written in the early or mid-20th Century, are both pretty timeless.

Randy

"Listen to what is emerging from yourself to the course of being in the world; not to be supported by it, but to bring it to reality as it desires."
-Martin Buber (adapted)