[Dialogue] Remembering ICA Colleagues who have passed in 2024

Ellie Stock elliestock at aol.com
Wed Jul 3 13:58:04 PDT 2024

 Thanks for sending this, Karen.  Hadn't heard about the deaths of Clancy and Marianne Mann and couldn't find an obit anywhere for Marianne.  Any info about her?  Also, thanks for the archives report.
Hope you and Jim are doing well.
We are settling in here at Kendal at Oberlin.  First week went well--digging out of boxes, thanks to the help of all our kids/families who came the weekend we moved, meeting folks (very friendly, welcoming, and helpful), checking out ping pong, pickle ball, the thrift shop, and going to a couple of concerts by folks from Oberlin College who were doing special summer studies.  Then, into the second week, Carleton tested positive for COVID, so we were like monks cloistered in our cottage cell for the week.  At least food was delivered.  The next week, I tested positive--more quarantining.  Today is the last day for that, so July 4 I'll be free to move about the world again--wearing a mask for the next 5 days.   We are still getting connected to the necessary political, economic, cultural, medical, other systems in Kendal and in the wider area, having postponed appointments for two weeks.  So, next week we hope we can catch up and continue our transitioning process in person.
Happy Interdependence Day!  Hope you have a renewing summer.
Ellie :)elliestock at aol.com