[Dialogue] Dr. Karen Newkirk. Bending History

clingojr at aol.com clingojr at aol.com
Sun Oct 10 05:36:37 PDT 2021

Dear Jim,Thank you so very much for introducing me to Future Podcast and referencing Dr Karen Newkirk and Bending History.
I listened to it this morning and after only one time taking it in, I have at least gathered these insights:--I recollected the early work at OOmbulgurri; George Holcombe, Wanda, Ed and Mimi Shinn, Kay Hayes come to mind.--Dr Newkirk's training in and appreciation for the TOP process in her work with Australian participants.
--Her acknowledgement of the damage of the colonial narrative which blocked acceptance of First Nation wisdom.--These takeaway concepts:  Wholeistic attention to encounters with nature.and the colonial inability to take in its clues.
--She identifies as a "possibleist" instead of as a pessimist or optimist in bending history.
--Three necessary foundations for our future work with transformation: knowledge, enthusiasm, and ethical norms.

I have especially appreciated studying with you and Jeanette over these last 10 weeks.
I am grateful for each of your sensitive presences.  I look forward to our next opportunity to work together.My special appreciation for your family and my greetings to Judith, Jenny, Shankar, and his beloved twin brother,Grace and Peace,
Charles