[Dialogue] Offer of a visit from Duane Elgin, author of CHOOSING EARTH. Sorry for cross posting.

James Wiegel jfwiegel at yahoo.com
Mon May 17 05:01:12 PDT 2021

This to Robertson Work:  Can you check with Duane Elgin about his possible availability tonight?

BACK STORY:  Rob Work has an online connection with Duane Elgin and mentioned our study group.  Duane offered to speak with us. (See emails below). And see you all tonight, on Zoom, 8:00 Chicago time)

>>> Time: May 17, 2021 08:00 PM Central Time (US and Canada)
>>>
>>> Join Zoom Meeting
>>> https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86431860640?pwd=RnhjRmNTSDE0U3B2ZzlhR25GYUo4Zz09
>>>
>>> Meeting ID: 864 3186 0640
>>> Passcode: 214122
Dear Rob, thanks for making this contact with Duane Elgin (via FaceBook and LinkedIn) and his gracious offer to spend some time with us sharing his wisdom about CHOOSING EARTH.

I went to bed thinking it would be helpful to have Duane visit with us midway in the study and answer questions and maybe give a deeper context for Part IV.

As I woke up this morning, it seemed it would be even better if Duane could spend some time with us tonight as a part of our getting organized. — 15 minutes or so if he is available.  COULD YOU CHECK WITH HIM AND LET ME KNOW??  If so, perhaps you could introduce him as well?

The organizing session is scheduled tonight from 8pm to 9:30 pm Chicago time.  We will try to go on line a bit early and then will have tech issues, and welcomes to deal with, so any time after 8:15 would be great.  I know he has a training session that concludes about 45 minutes before that.

A bit about the group.  It looks like we will have 20-30 (or so) folks tonight in the session.  Pretty much everyone has been active with the Institute and other renewal efforts over the years.  Median age is 70+.  Mostly North American.  Mostly privileged.  I think it would be helpful to hear from Duane the aim / intent of CHOOSING EARTH (a movement?); how that is going and hopes and guidance to ensure this study has good impact on us — perhaps answer a few questions as well??

These are some I have, but probably too technical for this.
My big question is whether to go through CHOOSING EARTH just as a book study group or use the Facilitator’s Guide they have developed?
Whether to keep this as a large group with breakouts or split off to several team sized
Several people who have expressed interest have time conflicts, could make most sessions but might miss.  How to include them?

Let me know if this is possible, and thanks again.

Jim Wiegel
“We are all time travelers journeying into the future. But let us make that future a place we want to visit. “       Stephen Hawking

:

>>> Dear Jim and colleagues,
>>> Duane Elgin, the author of Choosing Earth, just sent me this message on LinkedIn in response to my request: "I'm happy to join a session. I have highest regards for ICA. I'm happy to answer questions. I would like to learn more about the group that will be attending the zoom meeting.   Kind regards, Duane"
>>> If you would like to include this in the study schedule, please let me know and I will contact Duane; or you could contact him directly.
>>> Best wishes,
>>> Rob
>>> Author page for my books: https://www.amazon.com/Robertson-Work/e/B075612GBF

>>> 2. Look Deep: Look beneath the outer trends such as climate change and species extinction to include the inner realities of evolving psychology, values, culture, consciousness, and paradigms.