[Dialogue] Remembering Lee Early

Jack Gilles jackcgilles at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 20:37:41 PDT 2021

Dear All,

I was unaware of his passing, yet as I was writing up the Vision for what the Wayside Inn can become I spent time on Colleagues who changed my life. Lee certainly did!! We started Lens International in Detroit. He was the inspiration of what a LENS Faciitator REALLY is. Allow then to take a “taste” free and then do a Focus Question of what that company did.

Since we were in Detroit at its worst decline (Lee used to say “Detroit is 50% rat infested empty and boarded up Houses with plywood on them, 40% Decent and some very large homes and 10 % filled with rats looking for a new Home.

We did Hospitals as well which took a different Style, but all saw the Power of the “Local”.

But it was Leah and Lee that transformed the Image of a Religious Hose into one I now called “Elegant Simplicity.” Those Years there were Fantastic and at that time we had been asked by Lyn Edwards to Please shift from Mexico City- We were reluctant because we had just begun to Griid the Region (Dallas Area) and we learned to say “Yes” to any assignment.

Jeff and Kay Nixon took our place in Detroit and Bob Rank and Linda Vernoy kept the House going as she worked in a Bank and got a good Salary.

There is much more, and if there is a Zoom Service I will pick out one or two stories to share.

This is to Leah! I will never forget how you helped Lee keep money in his pocket. That was after he went out and got the Biggest TV there was for us to enjoy. The Highlight was always House Church and the Witnesses are still in my Head.

But Lee taught  me the”POP" The Power of Presence!!

Finally it is awesome to remember Dr. Larry Brilliant who was in one of the Galaxy Churches. And He won the Nobel Prize for Medicine for being the Team to find the “last “ case of Smallpox, the worst disease, at that time, in the World..

He always will have a Seat on my Meditative Council. His chair has the Name on it of “Audacious Boldness!!

Rest in Peace, and please continue helping me with The Wayside Inn!!

Grace and Peace!!

Peace Within,

Jack