[Dialogue] [Oe List ...] Join us to study TEN LESSONS FOR A POST-PANDEMIC WORLD by Fareed Zakaria

carletonstock at aol.com carletonstock at aol.com
Fri Dec 11 15:22:49 PST 2020

Sounds good.Carleton Stock

-----Original Message-----
From: Jean Watts via OE <oe at lists.wedgeblade.net>
To: Jim Wiegel <jfwiegel at yahoo.com>
Sent: Fri, Dec 11, 2020 10:00 am
Subject: Re: [Oe List ...] Join us to study TEN LESSONS FOR A POST-PANDEMIC WORLD by Fareed Zakaria

I will be thereJean

On Dec 10, 2020, at 5:47 PM, James Wiegel <jfwiegel at yahoo.com> wrote:
Excerpt from the attached review:  "Oh, no, not a book about the pandemicjust a few months into Covid-19. Not another series of snapshotsovertaken by tomorrow’s events. FareedZakaria, aCNN host with a Ph.D. from Harvard, does not fall into this trap.Wisely, he stays away from the dailybattles over masks and lockdowns. Nor is doom-mongering his business.Instead “Ten Lessons for a Post-Pandemic World” employs a widelens, drawing on governance, economics and culture. Call it “appliedhistory.” What insights does it offer during a catastrophe thatevokes the Spanish flu after World War I, which claimed 50 million —some reckon 100 million — lives?"We are planning to start January 4 at 7-8 pm Central Standard Time (Chicago time) We will probably use Zoom as a way to connect. Send word if you are interested.

Jim Wiegel

 Theunknown is what is.  And to be frightened of it is what sends everybodyscurrying around chasing dreams, illusions, wars, peace, love, hate, allthat.  Unknown is what is.  Accept that it's unknown, and it's plainsailing.    John Lennon

401 North Beverly Way,Tolleson, Arizona 85353623-363-3277jfwiegel at yahoo.com

<Ten LESSONS REVIEW.docx>

  <Ten LESSONS REVIEW.docx><Ten Lessons Chart.jpg>