[Dialogue] Join us to study TEN LESSONS FOR A POST-PANDEMIC WORLD by Fareed Zakaria

James Wiegel jfwiegel at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 10 15:47:05 PST 2020

Excerpt from the attached review:  "Oh, no, not a book about the pandemicjust a few months into Covid-19. Not another series of snapshotsovertaken by tomorrow’s events. FareedZakaria, aCNN host with a Ph.D. from Harvard, does not fall into this trap.Wisely, he stays away from the dailybattles over masks and lockdowns. Nor is doom-mongering his business.Instead “Ten Lessons for a Post-Pandemic World” employs a widelens, drawing on governance, economics and culture. Call it “appliedhistory.” What insights does it offer during a catastrophe thatevokes the Spanish flu after World War I, which claimed 50 million —some reckon 100 million — lives?"We are planning to start January 4 at 7-8 pm Central Standard Time (Chicago time) We will probably use Zoom as a way to connect. Send word if you are interested.

Jim Wiegel

Theunknown is what is.  And to be frightened of it is what sends everybodyscurrying around chasing dreams, illusions, wars, peace, love, hate, allthat.  Unknown is what is.  Accept that it's unknown, and it's plainsailing.    John Lennon

401 North Beverly Way,Tolleson, Arizona 85353
623-363-3277

jfwiegel at yahoo.com

<Ten LESSONS REVIEW.docx>