[Dialogue] Living Tributes for Marianna Bailey.

Joyce Sloan jsloan45 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 22:50:31 PDT 2020

Dear Marianna (Nan, Lynn and Tom)

 Carlos Ollison and I spent much of our Order time teaching in the
Academy.  So I was never assigned with nor do I remember any specific
assignments you and Bill had Marianna. In fact, in reading some of the
tributes, I was reminded that the Baileys had once been Priors of the
Washington DC House. Carlos and I were Priors in DC following John and
Lynda Cock, when the Ivy City Project was launched. I don't know how I did
not remember  you and Bill were also our predecessors.

With that being said, I feel like I know you so well Marianna and knew Bill
well also. No doubt part of that is from being in the New York House and
becoming quite close to Nan (yes, I share some of the memories that Marilyn
Crocker mentioned). But more than that, it's the presence that you and Bill
exuded in our community life, whether at research assembly gatherings,
breakout workshop sessions, guild meetings, gala celebrations, or singing
in the great hall. You and Bill were inspirational and truly one of our
power couples.Your presence, Marianna has always been genuinely welcoming,
graciously accepting, and profoundly collegial.  I am deeply grateful for
you.

I wish you God's Grace and His Peace as you journey on.

Hugs,
Joyce Sloan