[Dialogue] Two weeks from Sunday -

Karen Snyder karen.snyder10 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 11:29:10 PDT 2020

ICA Social Research Center Virtual Gathering - Update

May 10-13,2020

May 10: Sun

Chicago  Time*

May 11:  Monday

May 12: Tuesday

May 13:  Wednesday

·

Context the ICA Social Research Assembly

Lynda Cock Jim Wiegel

3-5:00 PM Chicago Time

STRUCTURAL REFORMULATION

What assistance do social structures need to realize their full potential?

CONTEXTUAL                  RE-EDUCATION

What methods and interchange enable people to respond creatively and transform the lives of others?

SPIRIT REMOTIVATION

  What opens people to possibilities for significant engagement and shifts hopelessness to the hope that does not disappoint?
10:00

–

12:00

1 Human Development

Catalyzing global/local community development

Doug Druckenmiller

ddrucken at gmail.com

4 Imaginal Education

Creating structures and events for transformative education

Karen Snyder

karen.snyder10 at gmail.com

8 Inner Life

Experimenting with methods to strengthen one’s interior life

Jeanette Stanfield

jstanfieldica at gmail.com

12:30

–

2:30

2 Social Change

Researching how to influence social trends

Jim Wiegel

jfwiegel at gmail.com

5 Facilitation Methods

Facilitating group creativity with tools for depth reflection, effective dialogue and action

Beret Griffith

beretgriffith at gmail.com

9 Spirit Movement

Giving form to Those Who Care

Lynda Cock

lyndacock at gmail.com

3:00

–

5:00

3 Awakenment Forums

 Awakening community/ organizations to their potential thru planning/action

OliveAnn Slotta

oslotta at gmail.com

6 Collaborative Networking

Learning from and strengthening multiple networks

Nelson Stover

fnelsonstover at gmail.com

Summary and

Next Steps

OliveAnn Slotta          Nelson Stover

* Convert your local time here: www.thetimezoneconverter.com/ <http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com/>.

The collection guides are preparing unique procedures that will reflect this generic outline:

Context:  Meet those gathered and discover the concerns and hopes each person brings related to this collection.

    Part I:  Review collection intention and what is going on in the world today with current

         challenges, climate change and the virus.

    Part II:  Recall what we learned in the past and discern how website can share relevant

         learnings.

    Part III:  So what?  Dialogue about new perspectives, resolves, potential actions.

Reflection:  Session summary and reminder of next collection dialogue.

*****

Bear with us as we learn how to virtually gather and dialogue together. Our team is testing the Google Meet platform which allows up to 200 to participate. We intend to record each dialogue and have a notetaker. In  conversation with Larry Philbrook, he enthusiastically agreed to host follow-up session(s) this summer to build on the May meeting and engage people on the other side of the world – truly making this a global research assembling.

If you are interested in participating in the collection dialogues,

(1)     Review the archives website (https://icaglobalarchives.org <https://icaglobalarchives.org/>), to identify your passion and  interests;

(2)    Go to Google and sign up for a gmail address (Open Google, click on circle with letter of your name in upper right corner, next to nine dots – add new email under manage accounts);

(3)    register by emailing Lynda Cock (lyndacock at gmail.com <mailto:lyndacock at gmail.com>), telling her which collection(s) you are interested in participating in. Instruction on how to connect to Google Meet will come with your registration confirmation.

Peace, The Social Research Center Team

Lynda Cock, Doug Druckenmiller, Steve Ediger, Jack Gilles, Beret Griffith, Mary Laura Jones, Frank Knutson, Paul Noah, Wendell Refior, Oliveann Slotta, Karen Snyder, Jeanette Stanfield, Nelson Stover, Tim Wegner, Jim Wiegel