[Dialogue] Please don't post sign ups for things to this list!

Timothy Wegner tim at tswegner.net
Tue Apr 14 10:10:23 PDT 2020

I very rarely put on my list moderator hat, but occasionally we need a
little housekeeping, so here I am.

Friendly reminder, please do not respond to posts to sign up for things on
the list itself. Examples are the Archives meeting, and a little earlier,
signing up for the Terry's Earthrise list.

If you email your response to the list, there are two problems. First the
right people may not notice, and secondly, you have just subjected every
single list member to off-topic noise. Folks who are requesting sign ups
have always provided another avenue to sign up.

Along the same lines, if you have done this recently (yup, a LOT of you
have), know that you are totally forgiven. But if you apologise for this
behavior on the list, you have compounded the problem, and your forgiveness
will be summarily withdrawn 😅

Tell you what, I hereby offer the following psychological service. I don't
NEED anyone to apologise for posting "sign me up" to the lists, but if it
makes you feel better, you can apologise to me by private email. I will
pass your apology on to the Mystery, and you will then definitely be
forgiven.

Hope you are well. As an elderly retired person, I am mostly just rocking
in my rocking chair, but my activist partner Susan totally packs her days
with revolutionary activity.

Tim
The mostly but not entirely silent list moderator