[Dialogue] Fwd: The Transestablishment Stance

James Wiegel jfwiegel at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 2 06:42:25 PDT 2019

I am scared about the future, too, Carleton—especially when imagining the world my grandkids may live in.  In some ways, it is a relief to me to follow our national news and just focus on the squabbles in Washington — and not just any squabbles, but the ones JUST NOW, the ones that JUST MIGHT HAPPEN later this morning or this week.  I get lost in the flood of information.  Trying for a bigger picture seems scarier.  I read a poem in the book Bratsk Station that had a line in it that keeps coming back to me.  It went something like this:
> “I am past 30.  I fear the future.  At night I hug the sheets between my knees.”
>
> Working on the ICA Global Archives website on social change, I ran across this video clip from 1965 — seems relevant

> A Brand New World That We Didn't Ask For The Bold Community 1965
>

> A Brand New World That We Didn't Ask For The Bold Community 1965
>

> https://icaglobalarchives.org/collections/analyzing-social-dynamics/

This would be an example for me of Transestablishment —
https://reform.ps/