[Dialogue] Reflections/Notes on the End of War

Dawn Collins collinsdawn747 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 4 15:03:55 PDT 2018

A little over ten years ago I read a book on the End of War and recently came across these brooding notes I made. I pondered at that time and to this day, why did such things as bloodlust, warrior and gang warfare, war mongering, ethnic cleansing, political hawks, the neocon and extreme altright mindsets, terrorist acts, domestic violence, and mob rule all occur and which can escalate to egregious violence toward the Other, even to the rape and pillaging of another tribes' homeland or nation? I came away with reflections on a psycho-sociological-theological basis as I wrestle still with this macro-micro phenomenon which presents itself to a broken world and relationships based on unwholesome and unholy roles most often led by the male of our species.
Again the moral contradiction I confronted was why is there war and why is it seen as a solution to contentious human to human and human to nationalistic relationships? Could these be the absorption by some powerful archetypes and/or susceptible male psyches exercising extremely negative actions in participating in the final scheme of life making decisions with a scope and purpose, in the end,  known totally only to God?
How many ways in the midst of a "daredevil',  saber-rattling or actual war declaration situation has the Trinitarian Formula placed before us, primarily men, who respond to their situation as a means of testing the Almighty's power and love? That is to say, "If you truly love me, Lord, you'll save me in the midst of my urge to dominate, kill, maim, and destroy". I submit these actions exist even in homes and halls of governing and legislative bodies.
Hence, crimes of passion, often by the males of the species, contain extreme negative emotions and even nihilistic and violent emotions e.g., the carrying out of a disregard of life for one's self or of a perceived enemy or innocent "kill" in the so-called "collateral damage" of war that result too often in certain mortality.
In closer quarters,  passive-aggressive roles of turned-in close relationships rely on patriarchal images from the past that are still manifest today.  Responses of silent and/or violent screams (the latter more often of the male) fill the so-called domestic air to kill the spirit and foster solutions of separation from the situation.
There's a blessing to be found in the midst of these often secretive examples of dishonor and it is to choose to be mindful of the Power who chooses to hear the "Why me's?" of the passive victims and responds to the aggressive and rare repentant nation or a turning recalcitrant male individual with a call that comes in the due time of our Creator/Source's entry into the historical plane and also into the everyday existence of creatures who previously had no clue of resolving such heretofore tenacious and too often deadly situations.
So from individuals (victim or perpetrator)l to a country's rebellion against the Law to love the Lord and neighbor as we would ourselves; some can be called to fulfill these ultimate commandments even in the woundedness and separation from the Ground of our Being instead of deciding judgmentally and out of self-interest to dualistically divide and put asunder the Lord's humanity into an "us and them" mentality.  Thus, doing so is to miss the mark to respond to caring for all of creation assured by our Exemplar's creation of a world filled with 'Kingdom Bridgers' who manifest their love for the Spirit given to us to bolster the images, structures and wisdom we discover in decisional renewed lifestyles to perpetuate the Gospel in action.
My Questions and Reflections (Please convey yours within the context of your choice in our common dialog)
1. What might be a "divine response" to negative lifestyles in nations and individuals that point at present to non-being? I brooded on nine, how about you?
2.  How does social discourse effect and affect historical forces at work in nations and human relationships?
3.  What might cause dominant humanity, particularly the male of the species, within their relationships and nations to grow up and put on their "big boy long pants" and take responsibility to care for all in their sphere of jurisdiction and governing?
Final thought:: Could The Art of War by Sun Tzu have been written on another level for women to edify the men to the point of discovering and acting out of the feminine principles to be found within themselves? God bless the men who have internalized this advanced and profoundly human point of view.

We love the Creator/Source because the Source/Creator loved us first.-1 John 4:19