[Dialogue] NYTimes.com: Bishop Michael Curry’s Full Sermon From the Royal Wedding

Mary Kurian D'Souza marykdsouza at gmail.com
Mon May 21 01:34:36 PDT 2018

Jenn
When I was in class seven or eight (about 57 or 58 years ago) I watched a film of Queen Elizabeth’s wedding. We were shown the film a couple of times by the local British Council rep. That was when I was under the impression/perception that the wedding held and exemplified what life should be like. We naively swallowed what we saw because there was no questions raised on the foundations on which the royalty were in place and valued.

Then the wedding of Charles and Diane.
The tragedy of that wedding undid all the falsities that we held on to both as the Church and about royalty.

In more ways than one the wedding of Meghan and Harry signalled the end of an epoch. Try as much as anyone might hold on to
Norms of aristocracy
What it means to be royal
To racial superiority
The bridge came tumbling down

They broke the mould in and through the ceremony by who was there and what they did and pointed to a more inclusive paradigm.

The young in the church were bright eyed and eager to discover what else was going to served up. There was disbelief, curiosity and an expression of is this really happening!

Life is good!!
Mary in Pune

Paradigms CA

Sent from my iPhone