[Dialogue] Celebrating the Completed Life of Warren Tolman

Lynda C Lynda860 at outlook.com
Sun Mar 4 15:17:04 PST 2018

Dear Geri, Bonnie, Greg, and grandchildren,

Our hearts ache with you in the death of our colleague Warren.  Our minds immediately go back to Kansas City days and the great adventure of wheeling and dealing to immediately buy two old clunkers so that we could “get on the road” to recruitment of RS-I and PLC, and the expansion of the houses in Kansas and Nebraska.

We filled up the KC house quickly with RS-I colleagues and sojourners—adding additional rooms in the basement. We remember fondly Warren’s wry humor and the decisional care that he brought to many challenging situations. Greg, Bonnie and our Johnny were a part of our Emerging Generation, and many others who became part of our in-house preschool.  We also had a vibrant youth cluster.

This was during the days of the Local Church Experiment and we remember struggling mightily together to make sense of all those manuals coming from Chicago, but also the joy of working with those local churches as they searched for new life in their congregations.

We also remember the more recent re-contact with you and other colleagues through the golf outings down South. Please stop by the next time.

Grace and Peace to you all as we celebrate with you the profound journey of our colleague Warren!

Lynda and John