[Dialogue] [Oe List ...] Warren Tolman

Paul Schrijnen pschrijnen at aol.com
Sun Mar 4 09:50:21 PST 2018

Dear Geri,

Warren had such a fine sense of humour. In 1978-79 Paula Philbrook organised a Golding Europe campaign - doing town meetings in every Département in France, every province in Belgium, some form of geographic coverage right around Europe. Warren and I were a team going around France organising and facilitating Réunion Communautaires - Town Meetings. My French was and is awful, as was Warren’s but that didn’t stop us. At the end of the campaign he pointed out to the gathered community that I hadn’t really been doing town meetings but organising Auto Shows.
Any time as a facilitator I would ask for another input I would ask for ‘autre chose’… which sounded to Warren and probably to the bemused gathering of farmers and villages as Auto Shows. He enjoyed making fun of all of us in a wonderful tone.

Thank you Warren!

Paul