[Dialogue] Trump and the Dark Side of Image Change

Karen Snyder karen.snyder10 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 11:37:46 PDT 2018

From: Jim Troxel

As I am not a member of this august group, I have been encouraged by my wife, who is a member, to make available to it the attached article I have spent the last several months working on. I have already shared this with some of you one-on-one and the feedback I have gotten has helped me clarify my thoughts. One of them is this, which I think this group will grasp easier than the general public:

Trump won the 2016 presidential election NOT because he had a better political message, platform, or apparatus. He won because he – instinctively – captured a “spirit issue” among many of the American people. The issue being that many people in our country right now feel as if they have been left out, behind, and forgotten. They were/are captives of the Victim Image. He sensed that vulnerability and exploited it with the crafty articulation of messages that shaped an image among the electorate that people resonated with: namely, he and he alone could rescue them from the clutches of forces outside their control.

The political landscape of America can be viewed through a spiritual set of eyeglasses better than it can a political set: conservative / liberal; democrat / republican; and so forth.  The Democrats who run against Trump need to understand this lest they fall into his trap. A better healthcare legislation, a more tolerant immigration policy, and stricter gun control laws alone will not win the election of the next candidate the Democrats put forth, nor will it win for the 2018 congressional candidates.

Hope you enjoy the article and if you wish to send me feedback, email it direct to me as I do not monitor the traffic on this channel.  My email is: jtroxel49 at gmail.com <mailto:jtroxel49 at gmail.com>.