[Dialogue] Checking In

Sunny Walker sunwalker at comcast.net
Mon Jan 22 14:07:14 PST 2018

Mariana and others,
ANCA (Accelerate Neighborhood Climate Action) is in a new enough stage to
still be forming the construct. We are using a modified (as needed, per
neighborhood co-design) of the ToP Action Planning method. We do some
climate info at the beginning - sometimes a little general plus Colorado
stats, often with presentations relevant to that particular neighborhood and
their concerns (recycling, electric car plug-in stations, green roofs,
solar, composting, for example). So far, only two of us have been doing the
actual facilitation and because we are "old hands," it is easy to modify for
each group. However, as we expand the program and, in our great desire to
bring on additional younger facilitators, we are wrestling with the best way
and the best construct. Currently the plan is to co-design with "master"
facilitator plus newbie plus neighborhood rep/s. As Jim said, worthwhile
work!

Sunny