[Dialogue] Stop, Look and Listen!

Dawn Collins collinsdawn747 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 20 23:59:31 PDT 2018

 Hi, Mary!
Try this on by way of an explanation:  The Creator/Source sometimes uses the most unlikely of choices (to us) to impact wayward souls who have no thought of believing in a Source/Creator and devote their lives to temporal, materialistic things. Take the apostles for instance, what a motley crew! From lowly fishermen with one a despised tax collector, (seen as lackeys of the Roman occupation); they weren't exactly the creme de la creme of society.
In the Old Testament, the Source/Creator used enemies of the Hebrew nation to defeat them in warfare as a means to remind them to be faithful to their Covenant with the Creator/Source and not follow the ways of the temporal world where idol worship was the rule of the day. Serious stuff, eh?
Reluctant prophets also bore the responsibility of reminding the Israelites of being obedient to putting the Source/Creator as their ultimate priority. Needless to say, they were not only unpopular but spoke their message even when in fear of their lives.
I hope for a future where we are past the point in our history as a nation in the U.S.and around the world where our social prophets e.g., activists,  young or mature, journalists, and religious leaders are rendered violently expendable to the more radical elements in our society.
One of my big thoughts has been to compare the plight of Israel through its history to the timeline of my life as a human being. Questions I ask are: What can we learn from their history? Was and is it universal? What is the role of a Word Bearer In the community and the world?
I often listen to music as meditation. Tracy Chapman's New Beginning album speaks to me of creating a heaven here on earth with a new beginning creating new symbols, new signs, and, a new language.I think she's a social pioneer and prophet.
Anyway, I'm glad to be on the planet and actively participating in the struggle dealing with the moral issue affecting the spirit of our times...
G&P,
The struggle continues,
Dawn

We love the Creator/Source because the Source/Creator first loved us.1 John 4:19