[Dialogue] Clarence Snelling died Thursday, April 12, 2018

David Dunn dmdunn1 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 19:45:21 PDT 2018

Hello colleagues.

Both Shirley Heckman Snelling’s son, John, and grandson, Alan, sent word today of Clarence’s death two days ago.

Clarence had been living with his daughter, Rev. Claire Snelling Nord, in Englewood, CO for the last several months. He and I had celebrated the Eucharist together every week or two since shortly after Shirley’s death in early 2016.

When I visited Clarence last Tuesday, he appeared to me to be in extremis. I asked if he was approaching the end of his life. When he replied, “Not really,” I queried further, “So is your path more like a dark forest or a bright dessert”? His immediate reply was, “Both.”

John Heckman shared the following invitation:

> Clarence Snelling died Thursday, and the family would like to let the ICA world know. His memorial service will be May 11, 2018 at the Park Hill United Methodist Church [in Denver] at 4pm.
> —John Heckman

A way to send appreciations of Clarence to Claire Nord and her family

If you’d like to send a note to Claire, you’re welcome to send an email through me. I’ll compile them and share them and your email with Claire.

Best wishes to everyone.

David

—

David Dunn