[Dialogue] [Oe List ...] Some poems

Joy Bonafield via Dialogue dialogue at lists.wedgeblade.net
Mon Jan 30 09:04:45 PST 2017

Jim,
     Many thanks for these poems that speak so clearly -- we shared them
with our UCC congregation.

    Minneapolis progressives met at Shiloh Temple (a Black church) on
Saturday, Jan. 28. They hoped for 1,000, but 2,000 people showed up from
ISAIAH churches (known as Gamaliel in Chicago) this weekend, along with our
Sen. Al Franken and Mayor Betsy Hodges to address our most pressing issues
at the state level with empowered force. Wonderful to see Latinos show up
along with many Muslims, Catholics, Jews, Protestants, black and white all
coming together on the issues of affordable health care, affordable
housing, increasing the minimum wage, quality early education for all,
providing sanctuary for people threatened by deportation, and more.  Such
solidarity among these groups I've never seen before!  Local congregations
coming together in an ecumenical way -- this is the face of hope in these
times.

      --Joyce Bonafield-Pierce
bonafieldcohort26 at gmail.com