[Dialogue] [Oe List ...] When the Saints go marching in

Ellie Stock via Dialogue dialogue at lists.wedgeblade.net
Thu Jan 12 12:58:28 PST 2017

good idea, will beat my drum, too!
Ellie
elliestock at aol.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Hampton, Stuart via OE <oe at lists.wedgeblade.net>
To: Order Ecumenical Community (oe at lists.wedgeblade.net) <oe at lists.wedgeblade.net>
Sent: Thu, Jan 12, 2017 2:42 pm
Subject: [Oe List ...] When the Saints go marching in

With the death of Bill Bailey, I am reminded as to how our OE Saints are all marching in as their names are called. Beyond condolences, it is often hard to know what else to do.

Here’s a cultural idea to think about. At soccer matches in Europe, to recognize the death of someone who was dear to the sports club, at a designated time the fans in the crowd at the stadium are encouraged to participate in one minute of ….. applause.

That’s right, not silence, applause. A full throated, noisy ovation of appreciation for that recently departed person.

What if we picked a designated time after each of our Saints march in and stop what we are doing, say their name, and give them one last sustained round of global, collective applause for being?

Way to go.

Cheers,

Stuart