[Dialogue] 10 best journalism movies

Lynda C lynda860 at outlook.com
Thu Dec 28 17:33:54 PST 2017

Thanks, David.  We’ll check out your recommendations!  Happy New Year to you and Burna!   Lynda

From: Dialogue <dialogue-bounces at lists.wedgeblade.net<mailto:dialogue-bounces at lists.wedgeblade.net>> on behalf of ICA Dialogue List <dialogue at lists.wedgeblade.net<mailto:dialogue at lists.wedgeblade.net>>
Date: Wednesday, December 27, 2017 at 9:57 PM
To: ICA Dialogue List <dialogue at lists.wedgeblade.net<mailto:dialogue at lists.wedgeblade.net>>
Cc: David & Burna Dunn <dmdunn1 at gmail.com<mailto:dmdunn1 at gmail.com>>
Subject: [Dialogue] 10 best journalism movies

Hello colleagues,

Burna and I watched “All the President’s Men” (1976) last night — the movie about Woorward and Bernstein’s investigative reporting that eventually brought Nixon and all of his henchmen to justice. We watched the movie “Network” (1976) the night before (apropos “reality TV” and “fake news”). Both are stunning. After all of our living, serving, learning, and witnessing-the-politics-of-division, we watched the stories unfold with vastly different, far more deeply informed eyes, than 40+ years ago.

Isn’t that something that both appeared during the year of the Bicentennial celebration!

These two movies in particular seem like must see viewing for people who want a refresh on history to help with eyes to see what’s real and what’s not in 2017 America.

This link will take you to a copy of the Washington Post article online. You can read it online and save it as a PDF.

https://goo.gl/K9pskX

David

—

[cid:DAA4528C-742B-4D13-A6E0-FCF91959BC47]

"Mystery, possibility, and the power to choose"

David Dunn
740 S Alton Way 9B
Denver, CO 80247
720-314-5991