[Dialogue] van Arendonk quote

Jo Nelson via Dialogue dialogue at lists.wedgeblade.net
Sun Aug 27 11:24:02 PDT 2017

Thank you so much, everybody!  You are all a great resource.

Wayne was in Bilbao, and I’m sure that he was quoting from memory.  This document is very helpful in allowing me to give a formal reference   in the book, since the target audience includes academics sot that our methods can be taught in universities.

Wayne’s intents were to capture formally the roots of our methods in such a way that new people who use ToP methods can understand their depth, and that our body of knowledge is captured in a way to share it with future generations.

We are on track to have the book published in October this year.  I will let you all know when it is available.

Take care,
Jo

> On Aug 27, 2017, at 1:23 PM, Wendell Refior via Dialogue <dialogue at lists.wedgeblade.net> wrote:
>

> OK, YES, Gordon Harper gave a PDF copy to Terry Bergdahl who shared the copy with me for the Archives, though we have no record of a prior electronic copy.  So Thanks Terry.  Thanks everyone for the input.  Terry also gave to Jo Nelson the full citation he used for his ICA Handbook which Terry published as an ICA document to be shared to explain who we are and what we do and did.
>
> The title to the paper was as you say:
> THE PEOPLE OF THE QUESTION
>
> The precise quote was:
> "what it means to be man"
>
> An earlier remark goes:
> ... "what it means to be "man" instead of animal"
>
> Wendell
>
> On Sun, Aug 27, 2017 at 1:12 PM, W. J. via Dialogue <dialogue at lists.wedgeblade.net <mailto:dialogue at lists.wedgeblade.net>> wrote:
> According to Martin Gilbraith, "ICA’s 1986 global conference in Spain was addressed by (from memory) Joep van Arendonk of UNFPA, and he famously (in ICA circles anyway) described ICA as “the People of the Question, because you have the courage to say ‘we don’t know”…"
> Time to call in the Archives team. The quote is probably in the files!
> Marshall
>

> On Saturday, August 26, 2017 5:38 PM, Sunny Walker via Dialogue <dialogue at lists.wedgeblade.net <mailto:dialogue at lists.wedgeblade.net>> wrote:
>

> Joep Van Arendonk – UNFPA. I remember him speaking at Kemper (maybe – or perhaps we just studied a paper of his?)

Ph. 1 416-691-2316, x2230  Toll-free 1 877-691-1422  Fax 1 416-691-2491
Website http://ica-associates.ca
Cellphone 647 233 6910
Skype “jofacilitator”