[Dialogue] Quotes for Chapters of GTBoT

Jo Nelson via Dialogue dialogue at lists.wedgeblade.net
Mon Aug 7 11:20:00 PDT 2017

Hi, all,

The good news is that the book Getting to the Bottom of ToP is on track, working toward publication by October this year.

Ronnie Seagren, who is editing the book, suggests that each chapter should start with a quote that evokes the experience, essence or quality of the method in the chapter.

This group had really good suggestions earlier, so I thought you would be a good source for quotes.

I have quotes for the sections, but not for the chapters.  What literary or poetic quotes would you suggest?  They could be a line or two, or more if necessary. I need the source of the quote as well, as this book is partly intended for an academic audience   I’ve thought of a couple of possibilities for the Participatory Strategic Planning chapter, for example, from posters we had for the Town Meetings.

Here is the table of contents with numbered chapters:
Getting to the Bottom of ToP – Foundations of the Methodologies of the Technology of Participation

Foreward

Introduction

Section 1:  Theory and Background of ToP (Technology of Participation) Practice

1. Phenomenology as a Discipline  Describes the foundations, intents and practices of phenomenological inquiry, and describes the methodological roots of ToP

2. ToP Methods Development Describes the key conceptual steps in the formation of ToP methodology

3. ToP Methodology Reveals the evolution and roots of various ToP approaches and describes ToP methodology as a phenomenology of practice.

Section 2:  Core ToP Applications Explains the core design patterns for each core application and how they apply the phenomenological method

4. Intro to the Core Applications

5. The Focused Conversation Method

6. The Consensus Workshop Method

7. ToP Strategic Thinking

8. The Action Planning Method

9. The ToP Historical Scan

Section 3: ToP Facilitation Design Describes the process of designing a complex ToP facilitation, and provides a practical process for applying ToP in responding to client needs

10. The ToP Design Eye

 Section 4: Study Methodologies Describes the two core study methodologies and provides methods for study and deep learning

11. Charting Method

12. Seminar Method

Conclusion

Thank you for anything you are able to contribute, and take care,
Jo

--
Jo Nelson, CPF, CTF  <jnelson at ica-associates.ca>
Certified Professional Facilitator and ICA Certified ToP™ Facilitator

Ph. 1 416-691-2316, x2230  Toll-free 1 877-691-1422  Fax 1 416-691-2491
Website http://ica-associates.ca
Cellphone 647 233 6910
Skype “jofacilitator”

Vendor of Record: Government of Ontario Learning and Training Services   #OSS00536903
Vendor of Record: ProServices Canada E60ZT-120001/826/ZT Business Consulting/Change Management
Pre-qualified Vendor, Alberta Education Resource List

“You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.
Richard Buckminster Fuller”