[Dialogue] gmail filtering messages badly

Timothy Wegner via Dialogue dialogue at lists.wedgeblade.net
Mon Oct 3 12:30:15 PDT 2016

I try not to discuss mailing list issues on the list but sometimes it is
necessary.

Several list users who use gmail have had messages from the two lists
bounce and cause their mailing list accounts to be disabled. This is
apparently due to Google over-aggressively identifying list messages as
spam. List messages might or might not make it to your spam folder, they
might just get bounced.

I'm not sure of the cure (I haven't personally seen the problem), but I
found this in some Google documentation:

There are two important factors that, under normal circumstances, help
messages arrive in Gmail users' inboxes:

   - The 'From:' address is listed in the user's Contacts list.
      - A user clicks 'Not Spam' to alert Gmail that messages sent from
      that address are solicited.
      -
      - So you might try adding oe at lists.wedgeblade.net and
   dialogue at lists.wedgeblade.net to your contacts. And if you do see list
   messages in your spam folder, be sure to mark them not spam. If any gmail
   users have any gmail configuration tips that might help with the mailing
   lists, let me know directly (not on the list) and I will consolidate on
   pass them on to the list.

Tim