[Dialogue] Fwd: [Eco-Dharma] Support this deep practice in the face of legalized violence

Ellie Stock via Dialogue dialogue at lists.wedgeblade.net
Mon Nov 21 13:30:33 PST 2016

Thanks for the updates, Salvatore.

Ellie
elliestock at aol.com

Dear friends:

Here’s how you can choose to act out your care for this brutal support by the state of ND. See below.

Thx.

Salvatore Caruso

Begin forwarded message:

From: Kritee <kriteek at gmail.com>

Subject: [Eco-Dharma] Re: Support this deep practice in the face of legalized violence

Date: November 21, 2016 at 1:20:34 PM MST

To: eco-dharma-sangha <eco-dharma-sangha at googlegroups.com>

I wanted to add one more older but powerful video (Video from Nov 1st) and this crucial link on whom to contact to protest against the atrocities that happened last night.  http://www.yesmagazine.org/people-power/dial-a-cop-20161031

How to Contact the People Sending Militarized Police to Standing Rock

Have a question about the militarization of policing near Dakota Access pipeline construction? Here’s who to call, starting with Morton County Sheriff Kyle Kirchmeier.

Emily Fuller posted Oct 31, 2016

There have been a lot of questions surrounding the influx of military style troops and equipment to the Standing Rock Sioux tribal area in North Dakota. In August, North Dakota Gov. Jack Dalrymple declared a state of emergency in response to the growing Dakota Access pipeline protests, and Morton County Sheriff Kyle Kirchmeier has invoked the Emergency Management Assistance Compact, calling on police resources from six surrounding states.
On Thursday, police executed a particularly violent sweep of a camp.
On Thursday, police executed a particularly violent sweep of a camp that left structures destroyed, more than 140 people arrested, cars impounded and others burning on the side of the road. The highly militarized response—armored vehicles and heavy weaponry—was recorded by many people caught in the assault.
Across the nation, there have been solidarity actions to protest the police response. When word spread that police were allegedly using Facebook to monitor those gathered at Standing Rock, a campaign was launched Sunday encouraging Facebook users worldwide to “check-in” at Standing Rock and share that status publicly. The campaign seeks to confuse police by flooding social media with check-ins from all across the globe. According to CNN today, hundreds of thousands of people have already done it; although the Morton County Sheriff's Department has denied using Facebook to monitor the camp.
The questions many are asking range from why a private pipeline company warrants a seven-state security force paid for by taxpayers, to why President Obama has not stepped in.
Here is a list of officials from the involved states, plus the county and city police confirmed by news reports, to have sent troops and equipment to North Dakota. Questions can be directed to these people. (This list was last updated on Nov. 21, 2016).

North Dakota Gov. Jack Dalrymple
600 East Boulevard Avenue
Bismarck, ND 58505-0100
Phone: 701-328-2200
Email: http://www.governor.nd.gov/contact-us
https://www.facebook.com/NDGovDalrymple
https://twitter.com/NDGovDalrymple

Morton County Sheriff Kyle Kirchmeier
205 1st Ave NW
Mandan, ND 58554
Phone: 701-667-3330
Email: kyle.kirchmeier at mortonnd.org
https://www.facebook.com/MortonCountySD/

Morton County Commissioners Chairman Cody Schulz
Email: cody_schulz at hotmail.com
Phone: 701-391-9698
https://www.facebook.com/CodySchulzForMortonCountyCommission

North Dakota Congressional Delegation:

Sen. John Hoeven
Bismarck Office
U.S. Federal Building
220 East Rosser Ave. Room 312
Bismarck, ND 58501
Phone: 701-250-4618
Washington, D.C. Office
338 Russell Senate Office Building
Washington, D.C. 20510
Phone: 202-224-2551
https://www.facebook.com/HoevenForSenate
https://twitter.com/SenJohnHoeven

Sen. Heidi Heitkamp
Bismarck Office
228 Federal Building
220 East Rosser Avenue
Bismarck, ND 58501
Phone: 701-258-4648
Washington Office
SH-110 Hart Senate Office Building
Washington, DC 20510
Phone: 202-224-2043
https://www.facebook.com/SenatorHeidiHeitkamp
https://twitter.com/SenatorHeitkamp

Rep. Kevin Cramer
Bismarck Office
220 East Rosser Avenue
328 Federal Building
Bismarck, ND 58501
Phone: 701-224-0355
Washington, D.C. Office
1032 Longworth House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
Phone: 202-225-2611
https://www.facebook.com/CongressmanKevinCramer
https://twitter.com/RepKevinCramer

Law enforcement agencies sending troops and support to Morton County:

Cass County Sheriff Paul D. Laney
Cass County Courthouse
211 9th Street South
Fargo, ND 58103
Phone: 701-297-6000
Email: https://www.casscountynd.gov/Pages/EmailUs.aspx?Department=sheriff
https://www.facebook.com/CassCountySO

North Dakota Highway Patrol Superintendent: Col. Michael Gerhart
Headquarters Office
600 E Blvd Ave, Dept 504
Bismarck, ND 58505
Phone: 701-328-2455
Email: ndhpinfo at nd.gov
Bismarck Office
601 Channel Drive
Bismarck, ND 58501-7757
Phone: 701-328-5590

Minnesota:

(After October 31, Minnesota’s contingent of  deputies —29 from Hennepin County, six from Anoka County and five from Washington County—left North Dakota, having fulfilled their terms of the Emergency Management Assistance Compact.)

Minnesota Gov. Mark Dayton
116 Veterans Service Building
20 W 12th Street
St. Paul, MN 55155
Phone: 651-201-3400
https://www.facebook.com/GovMarkDayton
https://twitter.com/GovMarkDayton

Hennepin County Sheriff Richard W. Stanek
350 South 5th Street
Room 6
Minneapolis, MN 55415
Phone: 612-348-3744
Email: sheriff at hennepin.us

Minneapolis Mayor Betsy Hodges
City Hall
350 S 5th Street Room 331
Minneapolis, MN 55415
Phone: 612-673-2100
Email: http://www.ci.minneapolis.mn.us/mayor/contact/index.htm
https://twitter.com/MayorHodges

Anoka County Sheriff James Stuart
13301 Hanson Blvd NW
Andover, MN 55304
Phone: 763-323-5000
Email: sheriff at co.anoka.mn.us

Anoka Mayor Phil Rice
2015 First Ave
Anoka MN 55303
Phone: 612-702-8442
Email: philrice at ci.anoka.mn.us

Washington County Sheriff William M. Hutton
15015 62nd St. N.
Stillwater, MN 55082
Phone: 651-439-9381
Email: sheriff at co.washington.mn.us

Wisconsin:

Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker
115 East
State Capitol
Madison, WI 53702
Phone: 608-266-1212
https://twitter.com/GovWalker
https://www.facebook.com/governorscottwalker

Marathon County Sheriff Scott Parks
Marathon County Courthouse
500 Forest St.
Wausau WI 54403-5554
Phone: 715-261-1200
Email: sheriff at co.marathon.wi.us

Indiana:

Gov. Mike Pence
200 W. Washington St.
Rm. 206
Indianapolis, IN 46204
Phone: 317-232-4567
https://www.facebook.com/GovernorMikePence/

Lake County Sheriff John Buncich
2293 N. Main Street
Crown Point, IN 46307-1854
Phone: 219-755-3333

Munster Indiana Chief of Police Stephen Scheckel
1001 Ridge Rd
Munster, IN 46321
https://twitter.com/munsterpolicein
https://www.facebook.com/Munster-Police-Department-623099214436141

Schererville Indiana Police Chief David A. Dowling
25 E Joliet St.
Schererville, IN 46375
Phone: 219-322-5000
https://twitter.com/scherervillepd

Griffith Indiana Police Chief Greg Mance
115 N Broad St.
Griffith, IN 46319
Phone: 219-924-7503
https://www.facebook.com/Griffith-Indiana-Police-Department-526691684035932

Hammond Indiana Police Chief John D. Doughty
509 Douglas St.
Hammond, IN
Phone: 219-853-6544
https://www.facebook.com/hammondpd

Michigan City Police Chief Mark Swistek
1201 E. Michigan Blvd.
Michigan City, IN 46360
Phone: 219-874-3221 Ext. 305
Email: mswistek at emichigancity.com
https://www.facebook.com/MCPD46360

Indiana Department of Homeland Security
Executive Director: David Kane
317-232-6139
dkane at dhs.in.gov

District 1 Coordinator: Angie Cloutier
317-519-6761
acloutier at dhs.in.gov

La Porte County Sheriff John T. Boyd
809 State Street
Suite 202A
La Porte, IN 46350
Phone: 219-326-7700 Ext. 2406
https://www.facebook.com/LaPorteCountySheriffsOffice

Jasper County Sheriff Terry J. Wisner
2171 North McKinley Avenue
P.O. Box 296
Rensselaer, Indiana 47978
Phone: 219-866-7344
https://www.facebook.com/IndianaJCSO

Newton County Sheriff Thomas Van Vleet
304 E Seymour St
Kentland, IN 47951
Phone: 219-474-3331
https://www.facebook.com/Newton-County-Sheriffs-Office-590519011044153/

South Dakota:

South Dakota Gov. Dennis Daugaard
500 E Capitol Ave
Pierre, SD 57501
Phone: 605-773-3212
https://twitter.com/SDGovDaugaard

South Dakota Highway Patrol Superintendent Col. Craig Price
118 West Capitol Avenue
Pierre, SD 57501
Phone: 605-773-3105
https://www.facebook.com/SDHighwayPatrol/
https://twitter.com/SDHighwayPatrol

Wyoming:

Gov. Matt Mead
Idelman Mansion
2323 Carey Ave.
Cheyenne, WY 82002-0010
Phone: 307-777-7434
https://www.facebook.com/governormattmead
https://twitter.com/GovMattMead

Laramie County Sheriff Danny L. Glick
1910 Pioneer Avenue, Cheyenne, WY 82001
Phone: 307-633-4700
Email: dglick at laramiecounty.com

Wyoming Highway Patrol
5300 Bishop Blvd
Cheyenne, WY 82009
Phone: (307) 777-4301

Wyoming Highway Patrol Administrator Col. Kebin Haller
Phone: 307-777-4301
http://k2radio.com/six-wyoming-highway-patrol-troopers-helping-authorities-deal-with-protesters-in-north-dakota/

Nebraska:

Nebraska Gov. Pete Ricketts
P.O. Box 94848
Lincoln, NE 68509-4848
Phone: 402-471-2244
https://twitter.com/GovRicketts
https://www.facebook.com/GovernorPeteRicketts

Nebraska Emergency Management Agency
2433 N.W. 24th Street
Lincoln, NE 68524-1801
Phone: 402-471-7421

Nebraska Emergency Management Agency Operations Section Manager Earl Imler
Phone: 402-471-7181
Email: earl.imler at nebraska.gov

Ohio:

Gov. John Kasich
Riffe Center, 30th Floor
77 South High Street
Columbus, OH 43215-6117
Phone: 614-466-3555
https://www.facebook.com/JohnKasich
https://twitter.com/JohnKasich

Ohio State Highway Patrol Superintendent Col. Paul A. Pride
Columbus Metro Post
Columbus, Ohio 43209
Phone: 614-466-2660
Columbus District Headquarters
2855 West Dublin-Granville Road
Columbus, OH 43235
Phone: 614-799-9241
Email: wwwohp at dps.ohio.gov

Ohio State Highway Patrol Spokesperson Lt. Robert Sellers
Phone: 614-752-2792
https://twitter.com/OSHP
https://www.facebook.com/OhioStateHighwayPatrol

Federal level decisionmakers:

President Barack Obama
1600 Pennsylvania Ave. NW
Washington, D.C. 20500
Phone: 202-456-1111
Email: president at whitehouse.gov

U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Commanding General: Lt. Gen Todd T. Semonite
441 G Street NW
Washington, DC 20314-1000
Phone: 202-761-0011
https://www.facebook.com/USACEHQ/

Jo-Ellen Darcy, Assistant Secretary of Army (Civil Works)
108 Army Pentagon
Washington, DC 20310
joellen.darcy at us.army.mil
(703) 697-8986

Attorney General Loretta Lynch
United States Department of Justice
950 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20530
 Tracy.Toulou2 at usdoj.gov

U.S. Department of the Interior Secretary Sally Jewell
1849 C Street, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20240
Phone:202-208-3100
Email: https://www.doi.gov/feedback
https://www.facebook.com/USInterior

Emergency Management Assistance Compact Program Director Angela Copple
PO Box 11910
Lexington, Kentucky 40578-1910
Phone: 859-244-8217
Email: acopple at csg.org

North Dakota Department of Emergency Services
P.O. Box 5511
Bismarck, North Dakota 58506-5511
Phone: 701-328-8100
www.nd.gov/des