[Dialogue] 12 Step Plan to cope if your candidate loses election...

Del Morrill via Dialogue dialogue at lists.wedgeblade.net
Thu Nov 10 11:21:49 PST 2016

Thanks for sharing that, Ellie.  Always good to have a reminder of alternative, positive ways of dealing with what seems so odious.

One positive thing I feel - if Hillary had won, this country's division would have reverberated for months and even years; she would have been swallowed up by Congress over past sins, blocked at every turn, and harassed by Trump and his followers making it very difficult to do the work she would need to do. Here's hoping she is given something responsible in which she can make some real changes. This way, at least half the country will start out being supportive, along with Congress up to a point. Perhaps our “do-nothing” congress will finally do something – hopefully for the good of all and not just the 1%.

Once people realize they are not going to get back the jobs that no longer exist, and that the rich and corporations will continue to get the big bucks at the expense of the very people who voted for Trump, the romance may die.  Maybe, then, some sense will come back to the citizens who basically allowed Trump in because they couldn’t stand Hillary.

I, for one, am saddest about the fact that we have lost our chance to finally have a woman leading this nation. So many other countries seem way ahead of us on that one. In this very conservative nation, it will probably be many years ahead before that ever happens –  misogyny continues to reign, as does racism, albeit unconscious for most.

Del

“If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door.” (Milton Berle)