[Dialogue] Change of policy on non-member posts and other news from Tim

Timothy Wegner via Dialogue dialogue at lists.wedgeblade.net
Fri Nov 11 16:46:10 PST 2016

Executive summary of below - make sure if you post to the list you are
using the correct email (the one you subscribed.)

1. Many of you have multiple emails addresses, and fairly often folks
forget which one is subscribed to the list and send a post from a different
email. Not to worry, I would get alerted and then let the message through.
I have been providing this service for many years.

Recently some massive email spam sender has gotten our list address and our
list is getting sent scores of spam messages a day. Not a problem for you,
but a big problem for me. I have to look through a big list of spam for
those aforementioned attempts at posting from you folks before sending the
spam messages off to oblivion.

What I have decided to do is simply have the list discard all attempts at
posting from non-subscribed emails. No work for me, and still no list spam
for you. But this means if you attempt to post from the wrong email, it
simply won't work and I will not be alerted and will not be able to rescue
you as I have been doing for lo these many years.

If you need to be able to post from other email addresses than your
subscribed email, just let me know, and I can make it work.

2. The problem with gmail that we had recently in which gmail users were
being summarily unsubscribed appears to have been cured by some changes I
made. If anyone is still having problems (or new problems) let me know.

The world goes on, and is still as broken as ever, as are we, mere
creatures within the broken world, but Grace still abounds. Hallelujah!

Tim