[Dialogue] Save the Dates for ICA's Global Archives Spring 2016 Sojourn

Steve Ediger via Dialogue dialogue at lists.wedgeblade.net
Mon Jan 25 11:25:22 PST 2016

apologies for cross-posting this
ICA GLOBAL ARCHIVES - SAVE THE DATES

2016 SPRING SOJOURN Monday March 28 through Sunday April 3, 2016
The Fall 2015 Sojourn broke new ground in participation and advancement of ICA’s
Global Archives and in continuing and sustaining ICA’s missional work. Over 35
folks participated on site and another 15 participated virtually. Our intent for Spring Sojourn 2016 is to reassess ICA Global Archive strategy and to raise the questions of: * What is the mission of the archives?
 * What structure and funding is needed to carry out the mission?
 * Who will constitute the Archives Advisory Council?
 * Connecting with other ICA archives around the world.
 * Developing the focus for the Archives Sojourn, Fall 2016 and beyond.

 * Connecting Research Institutions to our Digital (and paper) Archives.
 * Developing the focus for the Archives Sojourn, Fall 2016 and beyond.

We will be seeking input for the work of the Spring Sojourn so heads up when we
send information your way.
In addition, it is expected that work begun in the fall of 2015 will continue. * Recasting the New Religious Mode
 * Amending, revisiting and advancing Training Inc. with significant additions to our collection, with on-going work continuing
   to develop this key project
 * Preparing documents for the Historic Role of the ICA Building project for the application for inclusion on the nation’s Registry of
   Historic Places

ICA GLOBAL ARCHIVES 2016 FALL SOJOURN September 18-24, 2016
The work for the Fall Sojourn will unfold over the next several months. Please add the fall dates to your
calendar. You will be welcome working either on site in Chicago or participating
virtually.
We will be requesting your input as we work toward the 2016 Spring Sojourn.
We look forward to your participation.
>From the Archives Advisory Council: Steve Ediger, Sally Fenton, Jack Gilles, Beret Griffith, Gordon Harper, Frank
Knutson, Jean Long, Paul Noah, Marge Philbrook, Wendell Refior, Tim Wegner,
James Wiegel
Please contact wendellrefior at gmail.com to indicate your interest.