[Dialogue] More Information on the ICA Global Archives 2016 Sojourns

Steve Ediger via Dialogue dialogue at lists.wedgeblade.net
Thu Feb 25 16:16:22 PST 2016

pardon for cross-posting/mailing

2016 SPRING SOJOURN Monday March 28 through Sunday April 3, 2016
Our intent for Spring Sojourn 2016 is to reassess ICA Global Archive strategy to
support ongoing archive projects and the mission of the ICA.

WHAT WILL WE BE DOING?
THE PRIMARY COMMON FOCUS of the spring sojourn will be to provide concentrated around the table time for
past and future supporters of the archive project to reassess our ICA Global
Archive strategy to support ongoing archive projects and the mission of the ICA.
Join us on Tuesday as we map out the next several years. HOST: Bruce Williams PARTICIPANTS: all ADDITIONALLY, folks have suggested continued work in a number of areas while onsite during
the sojourn. We will work on these projects if a facilitator and sufficient
number of people sign up for them. If you have another project that is near and
dear to your heart, please let us know that you will facilitate it and draft
participants. Current suggestions include: * TOWN MEETING '76 Climate Change Conversations 2016: Use common memory around the table to determine additional states and cities
   for continued Town Meeting research. HOST : Jean Long PARTICIPANTS : Sojourners around the table
 * Training Inc / Training Futures: Amend, revisit and advance Training Inc. with significant additions to our
   collection and supporting continuing development of this key project. HOST: TBD PARTICIPANTS: TBD

 * New Religious Mode: Continue work on the New Religious Mode to define & develop “Mapping the
   Interior”. HOST: Jack Gilles PARTICIPANTS: TBD
 * Town Meeting: Strategize on how to support ICA Town Meeting +40, and Town Meeting project
   possibility with Oklahoma Human Community Network. HOST: TBD PARTICIPANTS: TBD
 * Archives Operations Online & Onsite: Plan strategy and tactics for technology and operations of the Archives . HOST: Steve Ediger PARTICIPANTS: Wendell Refior, Tim Wegner
 * JWM Collection: Explore collaboration with OK City University and the Wesley Seminary/JWM
   collection HOST: TBD PARTICIPANTS: TBD

HIGHLIGHTS SO FAR… * Tuesday, March 29, Bruce Williams will lead us in a Global Archives Planning
   session
 * Friday, April 1 morning gathering with the ICA Board of Directors to brief them on archive
   work prior to board strategic planning.
 * Wendell Refiour will lead a short course on accessing documents from the online archives.
 * A GIFT FROM THE GLOBAL ARCHIVES, Click on the link below to access content of ICA and Related Publications
   scanned and online.
   https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15rvwId-UEezAAFU_-wGavYSECcrMotoySJb8ZdemTow/edit

PRACTICAL INFORMATION LODGING : c ontact Kamela at reception to book l odging at ICA Greenrise < reception at ica-usa.org Single room: $30.00, double room $45.00 MEAL COSTS : $12.00 a day ARRIVAL & DEPARTURE TIMES : If you have questions and want to indicate your interest please contact: * Wendell Refior: wendellrefior at gmail.com or
 * Steve Ediger: steveediger at gmail.com

AND, Coming in the fall
ICA GLOBAL ARCHIVES 2016 FALL SOJOURN September 18-24, 2016
The work for the Fall Sojourn will unfold over the next several months. Please add the fall dates to your
calendar. You will be welcome working either on site in Chicago or participating
virtually.
We will be requesting your input as we work toward the 2016 Spring Sojourn.
We look forward to your participation.
>From the Archives Advisory Council: Steve Ediger, Sally Fenton, Jack Gilles, Beret Griffith, Frank Knutson, Jean
Long, Paul Noah, Marge Philbrook, Wendell Refior, Tim Wegner, James Wiegel