[Dialogue] Resending with website correction: Paper on Ferguson/Baltimore

Ellie Stock via Dialogue dialogue at lists.wedgeblade.net
Tue May 12 12:19:00 PDT 2015

Resending:  this email has the corrected website address link.  Sorry for any confusion.
Ellie
elliestock at aol.com

   Hi folks,

   Below is a link to a paper we studied during last Sunday's Adult Forum at Second Presbyterian Church, St. Louis. It is written by Richard Rothstein of the Economic Policy Institute (EPI) [1333 H Street NW, Suite 330, East Tower, Washington, DC  20005].  It is titled "From Ferguson to Baltimore:  The Fruits of Government-Sponsored Segregation", dated April 29.  It is worth taking the time to read it, as such government policies  have shaped not only Ferguson and Baltimore, but our nation as a whole.

In the 7th paragraph is a reference and link to another paper he wrote in August, "The Making of Ferguson"--a longer but also an excellent history of the systemic/structural causes and reinforcement of segregation and racism.

   www.epi.org/blog/from-ferguson-to-baltimore-the-fruits-of-government-sponsored-segregation/

Another resource that has been helpful is the Equal Justice Initiative EJI)  (122 Commerce Street, Montgomery, AL  36104; 334/269-1803;    www.eji.org) which offers a number of resources, including "A History of Racial Injustice" Calendars, books and other educational materials.

Events continue to unfold in Ferguson.  When I get a chance I'll email a brief update.  If anyone want the longer version of what I am now calling the "Ferguson Chronicles", I can email them.

Ellie

   elliestock at aol.com