[Dialogue] Today: aa Breakfast News Conversation possibility in text

steve har via Dialogue dialogue at lists.wedgeblade.net
Tue May 12 06:24:17 PDT 2015

A Biblical quote I remember from a Breakfast-news Conversation in Academy 72
"if you love me", Jesus said, "feed my sheep."

A reader comment in today's NYTimes article about the decline of
Christianity in the US
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/12/upshot/big-drop-in-share-of-americans
-calling-themselves-christian.html?&target=comments&hp&action=click&pgtype
=Homepage&modref=HPCommentsRefer
&module=second-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&abt=0002&abg=1#
commentsContainer

Here is a comment from a  Portland Oregon reader usa999

"Raised in a mainline active Protestant family and a conservative
Republican for decades I nevertheless abhore the opportunistic
appropriation of Christianity for political purposes by people with no
commitment to its spiritual or ethical values. It is for show and
exploitation, capitalizing on the mentally-impoverished and fearful to
project claims of moral significance when in fact political Christianity is
primarily about mobilization in support of rapacious economic elites. The
Bible tells us Christ drove money-changers from the temple while today's
make-believe Christians embrace them and offer a favored place near the
altar. They are usurpers preying on the weak-minded, not believers letting
their behavior bear witness to their faith".

My own recent experience
An ICA study group
So Far From Home online book study of Meg Wheatley book on emergent change

Meg: Many of us -certainly I'd describe myself in these terms - were
anxiously engaged in "the ceremony of innocence." We didn't think we were
innocents, but we were. We thought we could change the world. We even
believed that, with sufficient will and passion, we could "create a world."
on that embodied our aspirations for justice, equality, opportunity, piece,
a world where, in Paulo Freiee's terms.

Steve: One of my best friends Bill-the-potter: Steve, how do you engage
disagreements in your life, tell me a story. I did. I told a story about
engaging the project of actually getting ICA Archive materials available
somewhere besides the 6th floor of a building located somewhere in
Chicago.USA.

The Breakfast News Question, today only?

Do you, how do you engage disagreements in your life?
Do you, how do you  "Opportunistic Christians"?
Share  a SHORT story?

Steve Harrington

--
Steve Harrington