[Dialogue] RS-1

Paula Philbrook via Dialogue dialogue at lists.wedgeblade.net
Wed Jun 24 07:18:16 PDT 2015

I have often wondered what would happen if we took an "advertisement out"
 in several news outlets with a picture of Guernica and then a
question. * "Have
you ever been to a course with a conversation about this picture"* . .
.   "*Would
you like to know connect with others? *. . . "  Then have a  URL or survey
or phone number or something for people to respond. . . .

Since we are coming on 40 years since Town Meeting,  I have wondered about
an add for it as well.

Paula Philbrook

On Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 3:48 PM, Richard via Dialogue <
dialogue at lists.wedgeblade.net> wrote:

>  RS-1’s Amazing Staying Power
>

>             I am sitting here in Washington DC at the Citizens Climate
> Lobby (CCL) Conference preparing to visit Congress people about a low
> carbon economy or as we talk about it as a ‘carbon fee and dividend,
> solution’ to Climate Change. We are about 800 people from around the US
> (just saw David Zahrt- back from his Climate March and setting up CLL
> chapters).
>

>             So I am at the faith leaders’ dinner last night with my
> significant other/ partner Sally Stovall (Dick is the faith leader and
> Sally is the green leader). So across the table is an elder man with white
> hair and a full beard. His name tag says “Father John Forney, Episcopal
> priest from Southern California”. It turns out he is the associate pastor
> at the largest Episcopal Church in the US with over 4,000 members.
>
> In the midst of chatting, he asked, “ Well, what do you do or have done?”
> Sally says we are retired but still work with the Institute of Cultural
> Affairs and (brilliantly adds) which use to be the Ecumenical Institute…
>

>             Immediately John’s face lights up and he Blurts out, “
> RS-1!....Yes!, and I would not  be here in the church if it were not for
> RS-1…and Joseph Mathews! In the late 60s he came to Claremont and spoke to
> 600 young Methodist.. just amazing!”
>
> And then the conservation gets serious about all the exciting things John
> is doing or has started….
>

> The length and depth of RS-1 is exciting.. and the people out in the world
> engaged and making a difference because of RS-1 is wild..the Archive
> project should go out and find these people and see what they have done
> with their lives… and the word.
>

> Dick Alton, still trying to figure out the implications of RS-1 for our
> times
>
> Richard H.T. Alton 166 N. Humphrey Ave, Apt, 1N Oak Park, IL 60302 T:
> 1.773.344.7172 richard.alton at gmail.com Don't let the fear of striking out
> hold you back Babe Ruth

Paula

"​The meaning of life is to find your gift,  the purpose of life is to give
it away."​
Pablo Picasso