[Dialogue] [Oe List ...] Corporate Writing of the 2015 Archive Report to the ICA Board

John P Cock via Dialogue dialogue at lists.wedgeblade.net
Fri Jun 5 13:09:07 PDT 2015

Amazing acceleration of species OE/EI/ICA!!!

From:  Beret Griffith via OE <oe at lists.wedgeblade.net>
Date:  Friday, June 5, 2015 at 3:29 PM
To:  Dialogue List <dialogue at lists.wedgeblade.net>, "O:E List"
<Oe at wedgeblade.net>
Subject:  [Oe List ...] Corporate Writing of the 2015 Archive Report to the
ICA Board

Thanks to Tim for sending the report to the listservs.

I forgot to add a message making clear the Archive Report to the Board was
written by a team of people. We worked in a Google document which was shared
with the whole team. After brainstorming content for the report, we worked
first as pair partners to write separate sections of the report. Then all
sections of the report were incorporated into one electronic document we
could all read and edit. Photos taken during the week were added. The
document was written, edited and sent to Ted Wysocki in record time. Seems
so simple now.

What is so remarkable about this? Only a couple of years ago many of us on
the Archives Advisory Council did not have gmail, had not worked in Google
docs, and were resisting taking on yet another new technology. The Tech Team
and the technologically savvy among us persisted; we all changed our email
addresses to gmail; began sharing documents; getting technological help when
necessary; and having face to face meetings once a week...all has changed
the trajectory of archive work.

Remember Corporate Writing with pencils & pens creating many pages for
reproduction. People working on typewriters clicking all night, correcting
with white out, millions of documents produced in the 24 hour print shop
operation with presses running all night, sitting at drafting tables into
the night creating graphics with rulers, black pens (and more whiteout),
sticking down lettering, cutting and pasting photos....

Beret Griffith
OE at lists.wedgeblade.net