[Dialogue] RS-1

Richard via Dialogue dialogue at lists.wedgeblade.net
Tue Jun 23 13:48:01 PDT 2015

RS-1’s Amazing
Staying Power

            I am
sitting here in Washington DC at the Citizens Climate Lobby (CCL) Conference
preparing to visit Congress people about a low carbon economy or as we talk
about it as a ‘carbon fee and dividend, solution’ to Climate Change. We are
about 800 people from around the US (just saw David Zahrt- back from his
Climate March and setting up CLL chapters).

            So I am at
the faith leaders’ dinner last night with my significant other/ partner Sally
Stovall (Dick is the faith leader and Sally is the green leader). So across the
table is an elder man with white hair and a full beard. His name tag says
“Father John Forney, Episcopal priest from Southern California”. It turns out
he is the associate pastor at the largest Episcopal Church in the US with over
4,000 members.

In the midst of chatting, he asked, “ Well, what do you do
or have done?” Sally says we are retired but still work with the Institute of
Cultural Affairs and (brilliantly adds) which use to be the Ecumenical
Institute…

            Immediately
John’s face lights up and he Blurts out, “ RS-1!....Yes!, and I would not  be here in the church if it were not for
RS-1…and Joseph Mathews! In the late 60s he came to Claremont and spoke to 600
young Methodist.. just amazing!”

And then the conservation gets serious about all the
exciting things John is doing or has started….

The length and depth of RS-1 is exciting.. and the people
out in the world engaged and making a difference because of RS-1 is wild..the
Archive project should go out and find these people and see what they have done
with their lives… and the word.

Dick Alton, still trying to figure out the implications
of RS-1 for our times

Richard H.T. Alton 166 N. Humphrey Ave, Apt, 1N
Oak Park, IL 60302
T:1.773.344.7172
richard.alton at gmail.com

Don't let the fear of striking out hold you back
   Babe Ruth